The Southern New England Chapter (SNEC) of the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS) is a 501 (c) (3) organization whose objective is to promote, educate and advance all phases of the science of conservation of soil, water and all related resources; to provide a medium of exchange of facts, experience and thoughts; and to represent, advance and promote the standards of the science of soil and water conservation.
It is the policy of the SNEC to maintain an independent contract for a part-time Executive Director. We seek a self-motivated Contractor residing in CT, MA or RI to independently complete administrative, marketing and leadership activities to include:
- coordinate Board meetings/teleconference
- follow-up on correspondence and action items
- maintain contact with national staff as related to assigned tasks
- submit reports and maintain records that are not the responsibility of the Treasurer or Secretary
- respond to requests from members and the public, and serve as a point of contact
- coordinate and manage the summer and winter Chapter meetings
- coordinate and assist as necessary with at least two (2) E&SC Field Days
- manage website and social media content of the chapter
- compile content for two newsletters per year to the editor
- conduct online polling and other needs assessment to support development of the strategic plan
Items or services beyond the above listed can be performed based upon an agreement for additional services and products under separate requests, such as developing and administering training workshops, conferences and seminars; development and production of brochures and other publications; and special project development.
Terms for the Executive Director contract will be $25/hour for up to 350 hours/year, renewable each year based on satisfactory performance. The Contractor provides her/his own work space and personal computer. The Contractor retains the right to perform services for other clients. The SNEC will be responsible for expenses and supplies required for performance of the contractual services, including but not limited to mileage and overnight travel (GSA rates), meeting and office supplies, postage, telephone and web-related expenses.
A sample contract is available upon request.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 545-3969 with any questions.