Join our team:
Hiring an Administrator & Event Coordinator!
SWCS Southern New England Chapter (SNEC) seeks a self-motivated contractor to handle administrative matters, coordinate educational events and outreach activities, and provide support to a volunteer Board of Directors on a part-time, remote basis (currently 400 hours/year with opportunity for expansion).
Experience managing website content and coordinating events is mandatory. Conservation experience is a plus, but not required
Flexible Hours – Work from Home
SEND YOUR RESUME TO INFO@SWCSSNEC.ORG
SNEC Administrator &
SNEC is a small non-profit organization that relies heavily on its volunteer Board of Directors. We serve our members and the regional conservation community primarily by providing opportunities for professional development and networking; the bulk of effort under this contract will stem from SNEC events and associated activities. Other typical duties include handling correspondence, managing website and social media content, and supporting outreach campaigns. The selected contractor will assist the Board monthly with items such as event-planning virtual meetings, action item follow-up, and elections. The estimated level of effort for the scope of work described below is 400 hours/year.
The workload for this position fluctuates throughout the year but is relatively predictable; the months leading up to our winter conference are the busiest and summer is slowest. SNEC has no office space or supplies. The contractor provides their own workspace and personal computer. The work for this contract can be accomplished completely remotely, with optional travel to events. Travel to and in-person attendance at our events is NOT required.
SNEC’s main educational event is a full-day winter conference that includes presentations, discussion, and exhibits. The SNEC annual chapter meeting is held in the summer and includes a field component; the location rotates between the states we serve. SNEC also hosts a minimum of two (2) fall field days focused on erosion and sediment control and stormwater management; the program typically includes indoor presentations in the morning (organized by SNEC) and field displays/demonstrations in the afternoon (organized by a distributor).
Event-related tasks include but are not limited to –
- Securing venue space
- Coordinating meals for attendees
- Managing event registration and attendance using Eventbrite
- Creating event webpages and updates and promoting the event via social media and Mailchimp email blasts
- Developing event programs, agendas, and preparing folder inserts and graphics as needed
- Managing event needs, and day-of coordination (can be done remotely through delegation to the SNEC BOD)
- Completing post-event tasks like follow-up emails, and certificates of attendance
Administrative tasks include but are not limited to –
- Coordinating Board and event-planning committee meetings, taking basic notes and tracking action items
- Handling email correspondence, managing the mailing list, and maintaining contact with national staff
- Submitting reports and maintaining records
- Assisting Board with outreach to sponsors, and tracking delivery of sponsor benefits
- Managing website and social media content of the chapter including swcssnec.org, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Compiling content and distributing quarterly newsletters
- Managing and executing SNEC outreach program that includes student outreach and member retention initiatives
There is great potential to grow this role and add items or services beyond the above listed. Potential additional services include developing and administering additional training workshops, conferences, and seminars; development and production of brochures and other publications; and special project development.
Terms for the Administrator/Event Coordinator contract will be $25/hour for up to 400 hours/year, renewable each year based on satisfactory performance. As noted above, the scope and budget for this can be expanded by mutual agreement. The SNEC will be responsible for the cost of approved expenses and supplies required for performance of the contractual services, including but not limited to overnight travel (GSA rates), meeting and office supplies, venue fees, postage, and web-related expenses. The Contractor retains the right to perform services for other clients.
How to Submit Your Application:
- Applications must include at least one link to a website that demonstrates your content management capability and at least one event page link or program from an event you coordinated.
- Contact information for a minimum of two references appropriate to this job description is required.
- Submit your 1-page resume and the above requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org.